As a certified Google Analytics agency, we understand the importance of having a clear understanding of the traffic that comes to your website. One way to achieve this is by integrating Google Search Console with Google Analytics 4. By doing this, you can gain valuable insights into the keywords that drive traffic to your website, which pages are getting the most traffic, and how users interact with your content.
In this blog post, we will explain the benefits of linking Google Search Console with Google Analytics 4 and show you how to do it step by step.
Benefits of Linking Google Search Console with Google Analytics 4
1. Combine Data from Both Platforms
It can provide a more comprehensive picture of your website performance. You can see how many clicks, impressions, and CTR you are getting from Google Search Console and how users interact with your website in Google Analytics 4.
2. Improve SEO Performance
Google Search Console provides valuable information about your website's search performance, including keyword ranking, click-through rates, and impressions.
3. Identify User Behavior
Google Analytics 4 provides detailed insights into how users interact with your website, including bounce rate, session duration, and conversion rate.
4. Get Alerts and Notifications
By linking Google Search Console with Google Analytics 4, you can receive alerts and notifications about any critical issues related to your website's search performance. For example, you can get alerts if your website has crawl errors or if there is a significant drop in your website's search traffic.
How to Link Google Search Console with Google Analytics 4
Step 1: Verify your website in Google Search Console
The first step in linking Google Search Console with GA 4 is to verify your website in Google Search Console. If you have not done so already, follow these steps:
- Go to Google Search Console and click on the “Start Now” button.
- Sign in to your Google account or create one if you don't have one.
- Enter your website URL in the “URL Prefix” field and click on the “Continue” button.
- Select the verification method you prefer (HTML file upload, HTML tag, domain name provider, or Google Tag Manager) and follow the instructions provided to verify ownership of your website.
Once you have verified your website in Google Search Console, you are ready to move on to the next step.
Step 2: Link Google Search Console with Google Analytics 4
- Go to your GA 4 account and select the property you want to link with Google Search Console.
- Click on the “Admin” button in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- In the “Property” column, click on “Data Streams.”
- Click on the data stream you want to link with Google Search Console.
- In the “Stream Details” section, click on “Google Search Console.”
- Click on “Link Search Console Property.”
- In the “Link with Search Console” dialogue box, select the website you verified in Google Search Console.
- Click on the “Link” button.
- Grant permission for Google Analytics 4 to access your Google Search Console data.
Step 3: Verify Linking and view Google Search Console Data in Google Analytics 4
To verify that you have successfully linked Google Search Console with Google Analytics 4, follow these steps:
- In your GA 4 account, go to the “Home” tab.
- In the “Overview” section, click on the “Search Console” tab.
- If you see the data, congratulations! You have successfully linked Google Search Console with GA4
Ready to optimise your website and improve your SEO performance?
DigitXL is a Melbourne-based Analytics, Personalisation and CRO agency, with over 15+ years of experience in providing professional SEO services to ensure better conversions. Our SEO experts know what it takes to get your desired search results by staying on top of Google’s ever-changing algorithms, and ensuring your website has the competitive edge to get ranked on Google, Bing & major search engines.
Let's work together to enhance your digital marketing strategy and achieve your business goals!